Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Reason for My Predicament

Since 1938
I have been married
Thirteen times
It was blissful through the forties
The fifties brought me worries.
Through the sixties they surmounted.
In the seventies,
I really began to worry.
Married my ninth,
In 1980
Although famous,
And good looking,
Less appealing
Was her spending.
In 1988
She left me,
Close to ruin.
The nineties
Seemed hopeless.
Two marriages
Nearly killed me.
In the beginning of 2000,
Against my better judgment,
I once again got married.
After eight long years,
Her deceit and spending,
Left me devastated.
In those eight years,
My worries doubled.
Two years ago,
I was happy
To divorce her.
Against my wishes,
I again got married.
I was doubtful,
Very skeptical
I was certain
It would not last.
Not due to race,
Or social standing.
But to the position
She was taking.
My worst, by far,
Has been my last.
Can see the pain,
Can see the struggle,
Can see the future.
Our children will endure.
For an optimist like me,
This is hard to swallow.
After all these years,
An uncertain morrow
.

http://cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/USDebt.png 

1 comment:

  1. Hint:
    1- The wives referenced are all men.
    2- Have had thirteen since 1938.
    3- All have been powerful men.
    4- http://cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/USDebt.png

    ReplyDelete