Friday, November 5, 2010

The things we hear

Last night, I heard someone say "Life is what we make it"  I mentally concurred, without the opportunity to praise her statement.  However, a few minutes later I overheard her mentioned her regret for the abandonment of her life longed desire to visit and study India's culture and religion in her attempt to "Find herself"  I was relieved not to have praised her previous comment or to have insulted her ignorance.  I thought our lives were made, created by our efforts not found by coincidence.

2 comments:

  1. Ah BUT, to quote John Lennon "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". While I don't think you can "find yourself" by floating through a purposeless vacation or trip, you will miss the purpose of your life by ignoring coincidence and overlooking whimsy.

    ReplyDelete