Thursday, November 4, 2010

My dilemma

I awake each morning with a deep desire to change the world.  I  remind myself that I have a purpose, a duty, a responsibility to state my thoughts and beliefs.  To affect my world.  However, after breakfast, after my morning routine in the treadmill, after my shower, while shaving and looking in the mirror, I develop a deep desire to enjoy my day as much as possible.  The realization that life is brief and fragile is  overwhelming and I find it extremely difficult to schedule and plan my daily activities.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a struggle between dedicating one's life to the world and sharing one's life with one's family.

    Ironically those who dedicate their life to the world tend to achieve great personal recognition but become an island amid a sea of impersonal on-lookers who only think they get it. Conversely those who embrace their family and seize the day on a much smaller scale will live happier, simpler lives but never achieve worldly recognition. They must be satisfied that those they affect receive a more personal connection and are genuinely affected.

    I'm afraid it is an inner struggle where every person must choose their path with the understanding that neither path guarantees the desired outcome.

    ReplyDelete